This was a complete “Happy Accident” when I made these, but now I am obsessed!!!! The light fluffy texture is perfect. I enjoy these with quac… homemade Italian dipping oil… eggs… pretty much anything! I hope you will do the same.
1 cup of Tapioca Flour
1/3 cup of Coconut Flour
2 TBSP (separate from 1/3 cup) of Coconut Flour
1/2 cup of Warm Water
1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
1 Large Egg Whisked
1. Pre-Heat oven to 450
2. While oven is preheating mix all dry ingredients… this is where you can add your flare. Add your favorite spices such as garlic powder, salt, pepper…. really make this pita your own/
3. Add in water, oil, and egg… combine well.
4. At this point your mixture will look a bit too thin for any sort of bread or dough… so 1 TBSP at a time add in your extra coconut flour… keep mixing well and you will see your dough form into a ball.
5. Take the dough and place it on top of some parchment paper
6. Cut another sheet of parchment paper to go on top of dough to roll is out… Before you roll spray the top layer of parchment paper with coconut cooking oil so it doesn’t stick and tear apart your pita dough.
7. Roll out the dough to appx. 1/4 inch thick… TO ALL MY TYPE A. PERSONALITIES DO NOT WORRY IF IT IS NOT PERFECT… STEP AWAY FROM THE ROLLING PIN IF YOU ROLL TOO THIN THEY WILL BE CRACKERS!
8. Put parchment and rolled dough onto baking sheet and pop into the oven for about 10 min or when edges start to brown
9. Once done allow remove from baking sheet still on parchment paper and allow to cool.
10. Cut them up and enjoy!